Hi! I’m Caitlin, a wildly indecisive 24-year-old adventurer who’s passionate about exploring, languages, list-making, and farmer’s markets. I currently live (and explore) in Berlin, Germany.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” -Ernest Hemingway
In February of 2013 I spent six months in Istanbul. I came back with my eyes opened to the world, an assortment of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, and a host of friends scattered all over the world. Apart from having the time of my life, I also met Felix. Fast forward through more than a year of long-distance Skype calls, a hanful of Transatlantic flights, two semesters of German, and graduation, and I finally said my tearful goodbyes and flew 4,000 miles away to live in Germany.
This isn’t a travel blog, not really. I haven’t been to that many places, nor do I have any advice about those places that would be helpful to anyone else. What this blog can offer is a journey, maybe a few laughs, some travel adventures, inspiration, and snapshots of a life here in Germany lived to its fullest. I hope that this blog holds me accountable to living this full life, and that it serves as a measure of my journey’s progress.
Six facts about me
1. A little piece of me will always live in Istanbul – where I studied abroad.
2. I love running. Or do I hate it? I don’t really know, but I do it a lot. Finding a great running route was one of the first things on my you-just-landed-here-now-what list.
3. I cannot roll my ‘r’ no matter which language I’m trying to speak.
4. If a Polyglot was someone who loves languages and tries learning a lot of them, but never really masters any of them, then that would be me! I’ve studied Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, and German. Thankfully, my German is not that bad.
5. I’ve always loved writing and majored in literary arts in high school. Hopefully this blog will make me do it more.
6. I love cats – every cat – but especially my cat, Julian.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or follow me @steph_cait on Instagram